Instant Meals and Meal Kits
Multiple fill stations allow for complex ready made meals like soup mixes and more. Bartelt machines offer high speed, repeatable solutions that are easy to wash down.
Bartelt Packaging provides versatile pouching and cartoning solutions for trays of ready-meals, dried soup mixes, seasoned rice mixes, batter mixes, and more. For high-speed, small to medium sized pouches, the Bartelt IM poucher and FLtecnics machines are ideal. For cartoning of these products, the Bartelt IMC and CMC cartoners as well as Scandia 460 and 465 are perfect.
The IM Poucher is a great choice for sachets and gusseted pouches for items like seasoned rice or grains, soup mixes, beans, fish fry mix, and other similar products. This intermittently driven pouching machine has a simple but versatile design, coupled with high precision and construction from heavy duty materials, making it a very sturdy and efficient choice for producers. A single leading-edge bag clamp design maximizes pouch opening for filling. An IM poucher paired with a funnel conveyor allows more time to fill the product, resulting in faster output for product that is slow to fill. An optional zipper profile allows for the ability to reclose the pouch for products with multiple servings. The IM poucher can be integrated with a variety of Bartelt or third party fillers including augers (for powder mixes or flavoring), volumetric and sliding gate fillers (for pasta noodles or dried vegetables) and more.
FLtècnics provides a wide range of solutions to pack many different types of products into flat, stand up or gusseted flexible pouches to fulfill customer requirements. The MC series high speed machines have a servo-driven reel unwinder and film pulling design and are available in simplex, duplex, triplex and quadruplex depending on the volume of production required, for small to big pouch sizes.
The FLtècnics carrousel series support larger pouches that can fill up to 7 liters of product. These systems offer many features such as quick and easy changeover, high speeds, precision and high performance and more. This machine is ideal for heavier club store type of packages.
The Bartelt IMC Cartoner is ideal for combining pouches of noodles or grains like quinoa with a seasoning or sauce packet into a carton. A variety of product transfers are available to be integrated with your production line. This machine inserts product into end-load cartons with glue or tuck closures. This intermittent motion cartoner's design includes a multi-head rotary carton feeder, servo-driven product inserter and servo rotary flap tuckers, providing excellent control at rates up to 60 cycles per minute.
For loading pouches or bags of rice, couscous, beans, or grains into cartons or other similar applications, the Bartelt CMC Cartoner is a fast, flexible and reliable machine that has all the advantages of full servo control. With operating rates of up to 400 cycles per minute, this solution takes its place in the high-performance class of horizontal, continuous motion cartoning machines.
Pouching Benefits for Instant Meals and Meal Kits
- Light weight and cost effective packaging that offers excellent product integrity
- Easy to store, pack, and transport
- High quality print capability for exceptional branding opportunities
- Optional transparent materials offer product visibility
- Stand up pouches offer vertical display on store shelves for package visibility
- Reclosable zipper option keeps product fresh over multiple uses
- Easy tear notch allows package to be opened without hassle
- Membrane Seal allows for two compartments to be sealed separately
Cartoning Benefits for Instant Meals and Meal Kits
- Combine multiple pouches of different product such as pouch of seasoning and pouch of soup mix
- Combine multiple pouches of the same product into a carton
- High quality print and graphics on all sides of the carton provide great branding opportunities
- Allow for product to stand up on the shelf for display
- Provides a protective barrier around inner pouch products, prevents items from crushing
- Keeps items safe during transportation, shipping and handling
- Ability to stack packages and make better use of space