The Bartelt® CMC cartoner is a fast, flexible and reliable machine that has all the advantages of full servo control. With operating rates of up to 400 cycles per minute, this solution takes its place in the high-performance class of horizontal, continuous motion cartoning machines. It can run a full size range of food and consumer goods – including bags, pouches, trays, flow-wraps, or a variety of loose or stacked products. A multi-head carton feeder and a servo-driven barrel cam product inserter allows for fast cartoning with a high degree of control.
Due to the machine’s open-frame clean design, product visibility is evident, and this design also makes sanitation very simple to perform. It can be effortlessly integrated upstream or downstream into an automated packaging system with machines from other manufacturers; and of course into solutions such as a Bartelt® Horizontal Form, Fill and Seal Pouching machine to create a turnkey production line from a single source. The CMC cartoner is available in three standard index models: 6”, 9” and 12”.
Carton size can be easily adjusted, providing a high degree of flexibility, and this high-speed cartoner is able to run many different carton shapes. Changing from flap gluing to flap tucking can be performed quickly and easily.
There are fewer mechanical parts in the Bartelt® CMC cartoner, which means low-maintenance and minimized downtime, so customers can expect higher availability and reduced production costs (it has 50 percent fewer components than in chain shaft systems). In terms of comfort and production floor safety, the Bartelt® CMC cartoning solution also has a particularly ergonomic design and is easy to operate.
• Modular stainless steel open frame design
• Product in-feed conveyor to loading station
• Carton magazine to supply rotary feeder
• Servo-driven, multi-head rotary carton set
• Servo-driven, barrel cam product inserter
• One set of product/carton change parts
• No product/no carton, no carton/no load
• Horizontal servo-driven rotary flap (minors) tuckers
• Air operated top rail
• Major flaps fixed rail compression closure
• Carton discharge
• Low-profile guarding system with safety interlocked doors
• Rockwell Motion Control package
• Rockwell color touch screen operating panel
• Folded and pre-glued carton blanks are manually loaded into the horizontal powered carton magazine
• Carton blanks are removed from the bottom of the magazine using a servo driven multi-head rotary carton feeder
• The carton feeder is equipped with multiple vacuum cups mounted on spindles
• Cartons are placed in an open position between the carton transport lugs and transported to the product loading station
• Photo eyes detect for carton presence
• Carton placement is optimized by the motion profile of the servo driving the carton feeder in time with the servo-driven conveyor
• Funnel guides provide the final positioning of the product during the loading stroke
• Product is side loaded into the carton by the product inserter
• After the product has been loaded into the carton, the carton is closed, sealed (glue or tuck) and discharged
• All-servo design
• Low maintenance
• Modular – easy to upgrade
• Speeds up to 600 cartons per minute, depending on machine pitch and application
• Single-packs and multi-packs
• Runs a variety of carton sizes and styles
• Quick and repeatable size changeover
• Ergonomically designed
Click on the packaging styles to find the right solution for you.
• Carton coding –inkjet, laser, thermal transfer
• Open flap detect
• Product conditioner
• Product transfer
• Servo adjustable in-feed
• Integration of checkweigher
• Integration of glue system
Click on the industries to learn more!