Seasonings, Sauces, and Spices
Bartelt Packaging offers a variety of machines specialized in packaging seasonings, sauces, and spices. For high-speed, single serving packages of powders and whole spices, the Bartelt IM Series has been the industry leader since its creation in 1949.
Over 4000 of these machines are used worldwide today, and for good reason. The single leading-edge bag clamp design maximizes pouch opening for filling, allowing for small packaging options. With up to 100 cycles per minute, the IM is capable of quickly producing high quality pouches filled by a variety of fillers for whole spices, powdered seasonings, and even liquids. Difficult to load products such as bay leaves and cinnamon sticks can be packaged with unique Bartelt filling systems into zippered pouches. The IM can produce 3 side and four side seal sachets, stand up pouches, bottom gusset pouches, and many other pouch configurations for complex applications.
By coupling the IM with a Bartelt or Scandia Cartoner, bag in box systems can package ready-mix seasoned rice, soups, and more. Bartelt's IMC (intermittent motion cartoner) and CMC (continuous motion cartoner) are ideal for a wide range of speeds, sizes, and configurations. Features on these cartoners include flexibility, precise control, and speeds up to 400 cycles per minute.
The Kayat PTF-28 wrap around case packer is ideal for case packing club store or restaurant supply sized jugs or bottles of spices up to 28 cases per minute, depending on the application.
FLtècnics (a ProMach brand) produces sachets from rollstock film. The FL1.4 is a compact, robust machinery line with a high mechanical reliability. Ideal for sauces, FLtècnics offers manufactured pouches with a top spout or a corner spout by using the same spout applicator so, with just one machine, all kinds of pouch presentations can be done: ﬂat pouch, stand up, shaped and with zipper.
Pouch Packaging Benefits for Seasonings, Sauces, and Spices
- Light weight and cost effective packaging that offers excellent product integrity
- Easy to store, pack, and transport
- High quality print capability for exceptional branding opportunities
- Optional transparent materials offer product visibility
- Stand up pouches offer vertical display on store shelves for package visibility
- Reclosable zipper option keeps product fresh over multiple uses
- Easy tear notch allows package to be opened without hassle
Cartoning Benefits for Seasonings, Sauces, and Spices
- Combine multiple pouches of different product such as pasta and a seasoning packet
- Combine multiple pouches of the same product into a carton
- High quality print and graphics on all sides of the carton provide great branding opportunities
- Allow for product to stand up on the shelf for display
- Provides a protective barrier around inner pouch products
- Keeps items safe during transportation, shipping and handling
- Ability to stack packages and make better use of space