The Scandia Model 350 Overwrapper Bundler produces a “cosmetic-style” of overwrap. The Model 350 is available as intermittent or continuous motion operation to accommodate your production demands.
The 4’ x 6’ compact footprint permits integration into the smallest packaging lines.
The modular design of this machine infeed allows interfacing with our cartoning, case packing machines and other equipment.
Depending on package size or bundle configuration, this model achieves speeds up to 35 cycles per minute.
• Heavy duty welded tubular frame
• Single film reel
• Stepper motor film feed drive with dial adjustment
• Scaled adjustment points for fast and precise repeat setups
• All ball-bearing construction for smooth, for a smooth and quiet operation with minimum maintenance
• Electronically interlocked guards for operator safety
• Allen-Bradley Compact Logix PLC
• The product is presented to the machine by an automatic infeed device
• An infeed sensor starts a reciprocating infeed pusher which carries the product through the vertical film sheet, causing it to wrap around the product
• As the product moves through the film to the folding mechanism, the film feed and rotary knife is activated
• A new sheet is placed into position at the proper length for the next package as the reciprocating pusher returns to home position
• Upper and lower vertical shuttles complete the sleeving of the film as a heat bar creates the film overlap seal
• Each package pushes the preceding package through a folding and tucking section that makes an envelope fold on both ends of the package
• The product then moves into reciprocating heaters that seal the two sides of the package.
• Compact footprint
• Three-dimensional changeover in less than 20 minutes
• Single level sealing eliminates wear and mechanical complexity
• Wide package size ranges
• Opening tape applicator
• Automatic infeeds
• Automatic collators
• Code markers
• Printed film registration
The Scandia 720 Series Turret Overwrapper offers smooth and precise operation at high speeds. This series is available in continuous rotary motion to accommodate your production demands. The vertical continuous film feed with rotary cut-off ensures positive film positioning for superior overwrap quality. This model can achieve speed up to 350 cycles per minute.