This servo driven horizontal, intermittent motion cartoning solution is ideal for cartoning food and consumer goods, as well as pharmaceuticals, tobacco and many other products. Design specifications include a multi-head rotary carton feeder, servo-driven product inserter and servo rotary flap tuckers, providing excellent control at rates up to 60 cycles per minute. It stands out for its operational flexibility in running a full size-range of products – for bags, pouches, trays, flow-wraps, or a variety of loose or stacked products. Because it has an open-frame design, access for cleaning is easy, and this is coupled with excellent product visibility. Servo technology means that changing over from one product to another can be performed quickly and easily to adjust to carton size and to change from flap gluing to flap tucking. This machine is capable to run many different carton shapes.
All of these features make the Bartelt® IMC an efficient and highly flexible machine – backed by reliability and low-maintenance to keep operations running with a minimum of downtime. For instance, its servo technology means fewer mechanical parts, with half the number of components found in chain shaft systems. It is available in three standard index models 6”, 9” and 12”, and producers can integrate this machine upstream or downstream into an automated packaging system with machines from other manufacturers, as well as into pouching solutions from Bartelt to create a turnkey solution from a single source.
Customers will find that an ergonomic design and easy operation will bring out the best in their production.
• Folded and pre-glued cartons are manually placed into the horizontal powered carton magazine
• Carton blanks are intermittently removed from the bottom of the magazine using a servo driven two head rotary carton feeder featuring multiple vacuum cups mounted on spindles
• The carton is placed in an open position between the carton transport lugs and transported to the product loading station
• Photo eyes detect carton presence
• Products previously placed into the buckets of the in-feed conveyor are side transferred into the carton by the intermittent motion product inserter
• Transfer conveyor funnel provides the final positioning of the product during the loading stroke
• After the product has been loaded into the carton, the carton is closed, (glue or tuck) and discharged
• All-servo design
• Low maintenance
• Modular – easy to upgrade
• Speeds up to 120 cartons per minute, depending on machine pitch and application
• Single-packs and multi-packs
• Runs a variety of carton sizes and styles
• Quick and repeatable size changeover
• Ergonomically designed
• Carton coding – inkjet, laser, thermal transfer
• Open flap detect
• Product conditioner
• Product transfer
• Servo adjustable in-feed
• Drop gate combiner
• Integration of checkweigher
• Integration of glue system
• Home and personal care, for example: Soap, wet wipes, bandages, saline solutions etc.
• Consumer goods
• Tobacco products
• Food products